Quote

Leelou Blogs

2012

2012

2011

2011

2010

2010

2009

2009

2008

2008

2007

2007

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Sugar Fast

For some reason this past saturday, while a batch of cookies and brownies were pleasantly baking in my oven to be happily eaten entirely by Lance and me(with ice cream on top), I thought- I need to go a 30 sugar fast! I don't think in the almost 25 years of my life, I have EVER gone that long without indulging in some kind of delectable sugary goodness! Yuck. I am also trying to lose my baby chub and be a little healthier on the inside. Lance and I usually have one "cheat" day a week, but for me that spills into other days and before I know it, I have only one "good" day a week! I know, I know a little treat every couple of days is fine BUT I don't eat just a little...like I said a batch of cookies, brownies, AND Blue Bell Icecream in two flavors was waiting to be eaten by only TWO people.

So yesterday(the 15th) started my 30 day sugar fast! I have recruited quite a few people. I figure the more people I tell, the less likely chance I have to cheat:-) My mom is on speed dial for when an evil sugar craving comes my way to ruin everything! She's there to yell at me to put down the cookie and walk away...knowing her though she might just tell me to eat it so she can cheat on the sugar fast too!
 Here are my rules(join it with me if you want and make it as strict as you want):


No: *treats(cookies, brownies, cake, shakes, ice cream, candy...you get it)
       * sodas, juices, any fluid with added sugars(includes diet stuff too)
       * jams, jellies, honey, natural sweeteners
       * Anything with added sugars

I'm also adding on anything with white flour, processed foods, fattening foods, etc...
Oh and one other thing...I DO get 1 meal a week where I can have a little indulgenc(still NO sugar). So I can have fajitas instead of grilled chicken and broccoli!(yipee?)

Good luck right? I'm already planning what my dessert will be on Valentines day.

3 comments:

  1. have fun eating your rabbit food. and if i didn't make myself clear before...don't count me in. me and my chub will enjoy a nice treat. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've started looking at valentines treats too. I figure as long as I'm just looking at treats it's ok. I just cant eat them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you were doing flour too. That's great! I am too afraid since I am nursing. I hope it doesn't affect your supply! :) I am doing good so far. :)

    ReplyDelete