Quote

Leelou Blogs

2012

2012

2011

2011

2010

2010

2009

2009

2008

2008

2007

2007

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

What I didn't expect...


I knew alot of crazy things came along with being a new mom but I didn't expect some of them...

* Being pooped on

* Being peed on

* Getting spit up in my own mouth while getting sweet kisses

* Having to breastfeed(with a cover) at a car dealership while negotiating prices
(...its a long story)
and in a dark movie theatre corner because we're desperate to get out of the house

* Having to stuff my bra in order to keep from soaking my shirts from the oh so embarassing leakages

* Not getting to shower for days even after getting all the yummy diaper drippings on me (Lance has now made it a rule that I must shower at least once a day)

* Having a 3rd sleeping buddy in the bed after I swore I would never do that(don't judge, I need my sleep too)

* Going to the bathroom while holding the little guy- multiple times

* Being so excited when I can do my hair AND make up...most the time its neither

* Seeing so many different colored diapers

* Forgetting EVERYTHING- there has been multiple times I have forgotten some layer of clothing to put on before leaving the house

* Having to schedule an exact day and time to go to the grocery store, or do anything for that matter

* Being overly excited about the thought of eating nothing but healthy foods to drop the pregnancy weight

* Having way more cravings for sweets now that I'm not pregnant

* Googling EVERY new thing I see, hear, smell, etc. with the baby to make sure it's normal( I also said I wasn't going to be the paranoid/overprotective parent)

* Going through SO many diapers and wipes and laundry that gets pooped and pee on! (I knew this was coming but you don't really get how many til you have a little one)



my list goes on and gets bigger everyday!




5 comments:

  1. OH MY! That picture is too funny. I literally laughed out loud!

    Sounds like my notes on motherhood compare very similar to yours!!! Fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is so funny! I can totally relate to so many of those things. One time when we were flying to see my family I was so nervous to nurse in public that I went into a restroom stall and sat on the toilet to nurse! You certainly loose all your pride when you become a mom. PS I had this obsession with treats after Wyatt was born too- sad to say a year later it still has not gone away. I literally have to limit myself! He is adorable....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry, I've already commented...but I have to comment again. That picture of David with the glasses on just makes me happy. I have come back to your blog many many times just to look at that picture. makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahah this cracks me up! i love that picture too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post. Loved it. Sooooo many things you have no idea about till you are a mom 24/7, but they are so cute it is worth it...most of the time. :) Seriously, I can shower, make-up, hair in 15 minutes now! You look fabulous and he is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete