Quote

Leelou Blogs

2012

2012

2011

2011

2010

2010

2009

2009

2008

2008

2007

2007

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Going Crazy

So Lance and I are back in Texas and these past two weeks I have slightly gone insane. No not because I'm in Texas(well maybe...jk all you crazy Texans)but because I haven't had a job or a dog to take care of and no one home to talk to except the little guy in my stomach who just jabs me constantly! Putting me in a house all alone with nothing to do...I come up with some interesting things. Well one of the little projects I came up with is to suddenly become Mrs. Seamstress and make a baby blanket!So I go to the fabric store and look at a few books to get some ideas and since I don't want to buy the book I sneak into one of the isles and write down the 4 step directions on how to make this blanket, not realizing that since this is only my 2nd sewing project I might want to get a little more detailed directions. But I say how hard can this be? I go and buy the fabric which I show Lance, and after laughing at me just on the thought of me making a blanket, thinks the fabric is a little girly. So for the past week I filled my time making this blanket! I must say it turned out pretty darn good...except for the few sewing mistakes I made but hey I think it gives the blanket character.
The "girly" fabric
I still have to but little brown ties at each point on the squares but here's the finished product! Sorry Lance for proving you wrong about me not knowing anything about making a blanket...you married quite the girl.

7 comments:

  1. You did a fabulous job Jenny Leigh:)) I think it turned out adorable and the little guy is going to love playing on it:))) Oh yes and WE MISS YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! you did a great job!! i know who to go to when i need a baby blanket :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. JLB! Awesome job. That is a hard project for only your 2nd sewing experience. I am proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks so cuddly! and not girly at all. i have to disagree with lance on that one! i think it looks great!
    and i know what you mean about being bored all alone. jake is off having new adventures at school every day and i am here just waiting for a job to find me! way to find something to do!

    ps-write me back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am totally impressed!! I love your fabric choices and can't believe you made it that fast too! maybe the alone time is a good thing for your creativity. Wish you were still here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way cute blanket...very impressive if you've never really sewed before. Seriously...amazing! Hope you're doing good. Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Jenny Leigh. I'm impressed. It turned out so cute! And I love the fabric!!! And Lyndi thought SHE was Martha.... ;o)

    ReplyDelete