Quote

Leelou Blogs

2012

2012

2011

2011

2010

2010

2009

2009

2008

2008

2007

2007

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

New York New York!


I went up this past week to see Lance in New Jersey and we went to visit New York City! It was very interesting...another world up there!




Time Square


I still can't believe how many people were there. This is how it was EVERYWHERE I went!




New Yankee Staduim. We had to walk 12 blocks through the Bronx to get here...an experience in itself. There are some crazies in NYC!





Old Yankee Stadium. You couldn't really see much of it...they have it blocked from all the demolishing they are doing.




Central Park. It was very pretty but we had been walking forever already so we didn't even want to walk through there.




First time on a subway...I could do without ever going on one again. They are gross and you sit way too close to people for anybodies good. BUT its better than walking everywhere!





New York Stock Exchange
on Wall Street



Ground Zero where they are building the new World Trade Center




Statue of Liberty.This was our view from the ferry we rode going into the city.



It was very fun to see all these sites , do some shopping, and if you have time to go to a Broadway show! I do know now that NYC is not the place for Lance and me! It's a big ol' dirty city, concrete surrounding you everywhere so you feel like you are trapped inside forever, filled with way too many people who I swear just walk around all day pretending to do things. Fun for visits but not to live!






5 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you!!!! It is a great place to go for a weekend trip in the fall or spring, catch a few shows on Broadway and eat at some great restaurants. Other than that, no thank you! You look so cute with your barely showing prego tummy:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun, I really want to go to NYC someday. I don't think I could ever live there either though too many people would drive me crazy! Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree. Personally, I think you would like Boston a lot better. Less crowded and dirty :) It's good to finally see your tummy! I would have loved to see you in a subway. You are not the type of person who likes a lot of physical contact, especially from strangers. HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh you are the cutest prego girl! Josh and I want to visit NY before we move west. His bro is living in CT so we need to get out there. How is Lance doing with work?

    ReplyDelete
  5. We should really email, except I don't have your address :( We are applying for residency this month and will be interviewing the end of this year and will know in Jan where we are sent. We are doing a rotation in Oct out in UT for a month! That is awful being hot, sick, huge and not feeling great trying to walk around with a ton of people in a crowded city. I feel your pain. Josh took me to the zoo when I was about as far along as you on one of the hottest days of the year and I had to walk up hill a lot and almost killed him- it was so hard! Trust me though, after you have the baby it is totally worth it. I HATED being prego but LOVE LOVE LOVE being a mom. To be honest though, I was not nearly as cute prego as you are so that might have had something to do with it. So I knew he got moved to another team mid season right, but what other promotions has he had.... explain it to me again! That's awesome that he is doing so well, we just love you guys and could not be happier. I wish I got to hang out with you again.

    ReplyDelete